Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fishing- Take Three

 

 

 


Damon, Mr. I'm-not-giving-up-just-yet, decides that all the fish must be in this smaller sloo off the main water and there just so happens to be a paddle boat on the land. We soak it down with some 409 and they set sail. I in the mean time decide to go start dinner. Just a few short while later, I hear them coming back in. They apparently paddled all the way across the lake and Austin cast, got stuck, broke the line, insisted on using Damon's rod at that point and proceeded to get it stuck too! Talk about a waste of time and energy. They had fun though and I guess that's all that matters.

After dinner, we decide to give it another try and Austin is casting. We have given up on fishing at this point when Austin yells, I think I got something. He did! I reeled it in for him since I could totally foresee him letting the rod go and it sinking to the bottom of Smith Lake. He caught a 12.5" stripe. He was so excited and we were too! He finally caught something after 9,568,427 casts. That goes to show... Never give up! Damon asked Austin if he wanted to hold it and Austin says yes. Hold would be a relative term because he grasped it for about .000056 seconds before it fell to the pier. All was well though. We let him go and he survived!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: