Friday, July 23, 2010

Day at the lake

My mom had her Annual Quilt Retreat at my uncles home on Smith Lake this week so Austin and I took advantage of the opportunity to go have some fun!



Austin tried to do this kayak kind of thing that they had there. He did pretty good! I didn't even try. I could just see myself tumping over for everyone to laugh at.


We all went swimming to cool off. I love Smith Lake because it is so clear and the water is so cool. This mama doesn't get in yuck water!


Mom took the Pontoon out for a ride to feed the carp at Rock Creek while I was on the Sea-Doo. After we all got parked, we headed to the Marina to find the carp. These fish have been here forever! It's so crazy that they hang around and stay so close to the dock. I guess they know that they get their Saltines for good behavior. My mom put a cracker between her toes and the fish sucked her toes to get it off-- ewww! I tried it but as soon as they got close I let them go. I guess I thought they were going to suck me down like a Saltine. Irrational much?




We rode the Sea-Doo until my thumb felt like it was going to fly off. My uncle's Sea-Doo will go like 60mph and let me tell you, a Sea-DOo at 55 will make your eyes water and your hair turn into a birds nest! Hello conditioner when I got home!

No comments: