Friday, July 2, 2010

My birthday-week-o-fun!

Well, my Week-O-Birthday Fun started out a little rocky. I had the greatest intentions Thursday to get things done so we would be ready for the weekend. So, Thursday morning I head out to Dollar General to pick up a few things. All is well as we pull out and then all hell breaks loose. You know the old saying, "I'll drive my car til the wheels fall off"? Well, I always say that and I finally did it. You see, even though my 4Runner has more miles than I think any car ever documented by man,



yes, that is 322,000 something, and this picture was taken some time ago. Now it has about 334,000, I still love my car. It's big enough but not too big. It's "worn" enough so I don't freak over the occasional spilled Happy Meal or the more common "wet butt" from Alabama Adventure. It's been a great car for me. Well, that was until Thursday when I was running errands. All of a sudden, my car takes a nose dive to the front passenger side and starts making this terrible screeching, scratching, grinding noise. Little did I know that was asphalt I was eating up!

As I get stopped, I let the person I was talking to go, call for help and I'm sitting there panicking and too scared to get out and look at the damages. Thankfully I had Austin in the back seat to give me the play by play. Our conversation goes something like this... "Mom, I can see our tire... right here... its flat on the ground... I'm serious... I'm not kidding!" I began to cry. I HATE car trouble more than anything else in the world. Thankfully Leslie came to my rescue in record timing. When I knew she was there to pick me off the ground when I saw the damages, I braved getting out to actually look and this is what I found...




Oh my goodness... I DID drive it until the wheel fell off. Let me just pause here to thank God that is didn't happen while we were on the interstate or traveling faster than 10 miles per hour or it could have been a really dangerous situation. I hate that it happened, but it could have been way worse so for that I'm thankful. Apparently the damages aren't as bad as they look and it's not going to be a huge deal getting it fixed.

Friday was a much better day! My dad, Kathy, Lindsey & Randi met us and Amanda, Alex and Kylie at Alabama Adventure. We had so much fun! We rode just about everything there. I guess you know you are having too much fun when you forget to take your camera most of the time. Everyone took turns taking pictures with my camera and this is about the best we got.

Randi

My little guy (This seems to be his favorite underwater pose these days!)

Alex


Lindsey & Kylie

Damon & I


After a loooooong, hot day, Austin decided to go to Amanda's to spend the night so Damon I double dated with the McDonalds. We went to a wonderful dinner at J. Alexanders. I had Rattlesnake Pasta and Damon had a New York Strip that was to die for! We had a great time! It's not very ofter, or ever actually, that we have been able to spend time with Jake & Leslie without kids. We enjoyed getting to spend time with them talking and laughing and having a great time.

The next morning, we got up to head to Amanda's house. She was having me a Bob the Builder party! LOL, not really, but that's what it felt like. My dad came here to build Alex and Kylie a swing set/fort/play thingy for her backyard, so we spent the day doing that. We got finished about 9:00that night and the kids loved it. So much that we will soon be constructing Austin a similar one at our house. I think we'll give Dad a little time to recoup from that one first though. Amanda grilled us a great lunch and then they surprised me with a yummy cake that all my sisters had made for me!

Bob the Builder Party



Someone call the fire department!


You have to have a priiiitty big cake to hold 30 candles!


Sunday, the 4th, we went to my mom's house to grill out and spend the day by the pool. It was a much needed day of relaxation from all the running we had been doing. I think if it weren't for me & my little family, mom would probably fill the pool in with dirt since we are the only ones who hardly ever use it. Thanks, Mom!

Cute little cupcakes


My guys

Austin & I


Then Austin had to do a few sparklers before we left for Thunder on the Mountain!





Then we headed to Thunder on the Mountain. It was cah-razy downtown! People everywhere! Damon finally found us a great lot in Downtown Homewood where we had a perfect view. While we waited, Damon told Austin why we celebrate the 4th of July. I'm so glad he did because I don't think I ever have and I want him to know how lucky we are to have the freedom, that isn't free, to do whatever we want. I hate when holidays get so commercialized that we forget why we are celebrating in the first place. We are so blessed to live in a free country and I think everyone should really remember that every now and then.



The Fam waiting for 9:00...


Damon & Austin still waiting...








So, my birthday is finally here! Damon asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him I wanted the house magically cleaned! Well, that didn't happen but we did manage to get it cleaned during the day. We all three took a room or 2 and knocked it out in record timing. So, I guess in the end, I did get my wish... There had to be some kind of magic for Austin to be helping so much :)

Then we went to Hollyn's house for a party that Damon & Leslie had orchestrated for me. Leslie did so much to make sure that everything was perfect! Including not 1 but 2 Edgar's cakes!

The chocolate on chocolate was really good, and I don't even really like chocolate! It definitely got the cutest cake award!


And my favorite! You just can't beat a white on white Edgar's cake!


The kids had a ton of fun playing in the dirt and doing more sparklers


while the adults chatted about everything under the sun


and Monar even tried Pogo-ing with the kids


Damon & I


The hostess with the mostest & I


Thanks to Hollyn & Shawn for welcoming us in your home! And thanks to everyone who came and made my birthday party so special.

I'm so blessed to have so many special people in my life to help me celebrate my birthday! Thank you to everyone who did something special for me to make my birthday perfect!

So, what kind of loot did I come away with? All the best!

My mom got me a memory foam mattress topper. you know, I'm 30 now and with the backaches of being old and all it really helps :) It is wonderful!


Cash from my dad & grandmother!

Damon got me a Cricut Expression that I have been dying to have fo-eva!


A Visa gift card from Jane & Jim! So sweet of them!


A load of Bath & Body works stuff from Leslie & Hollyn


What respectable 30 year old doesn't need a good iron? Mine quit on me several YEARS ago and I just never bought another one, so now when I have that last minute "Oh crap, I can't wear this without it being ironed," I don't have to call someone and go elsewhere to iron!


A Target gift card! I never seem to have a problem spending money there!


And a shiny new (to me) car! No, not really... but hopefully it's coming this week!

1 comment:

FireWife425 said...

Hate to hear about your car BUT it looks like you had a GREAT Birthday anyways... Happy (belated) Birthday!

Love ~ The F's