Saturday, August 14, 2010

Poker Night

 

 

 


We hosted Poker Night at our house. Damon laughed at me because I had prepared a feast of food and broke out the serving pieces so it was pretty. He was like, "Babe, it's just poker. Peanuts will do." Oh, I don't think so! I never pas up an opportunity to host a great party. Madison wanted to play with the adults so we figured what the heck. She's 10 and played pretty well. I was impressed. I was down twice and was all in with the blind and managed to come back for a win... kinda. At 2:00 a.m. I was so tired I offered my last opponent to split the pot to agree to quit. 7 hours of poker and I was tired! So, we split the pot and hear a crash in the living room. Our ceiling fan had a little wobble to it when it is on high and apparently the light kit wobbled right off and crashed onto the floor shattering the globes and bulbs. I was glad to see it go! I'm on a mission to remove everything brass I can from this house but I couldn't make myself spend $150.00 to replace a fan that worked perfectly fine. SO, now we have a shiny new brushed nickel fan that I love and all is well!

The next morning Austin was begging to teach him how to play so we tried. He just likes to bet and refuses to fold. He'd say "All in" with a 2 4 6 8 10 off suited. He's got a way to go I think!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: